10 Things About Maumee, Ohio Stock Trader – CONAN Daily
Steven Gallagher is a resident of Ohio, USA. Here are 10 other things about him:
- He lives in Maumee, Ohio.
- He is an active day trader in over-the-counter (OTC) securities or penny stocks, which often trade at less than $1 per share.
- In September 2019, he created a Twitter account using alias Alex DeLarge. He regularly used the account to tout various penny stocks in which he personally held prominent positions.
- As of October 19, 2021, his Twitter account named Alex DeLarge has over 70,000 followers.
- In December 2020, he acquired a substantial volume of shares from a public front company called SpectraScience, Inc. (SIC). He knew or deliberately avoided learning that the company had neither prospects of success nor real operations.
- From December 2020 to February 2021, he used his Twitter account named Alex DeLarge to operate a fraudulent pump and dump scheme regarding penny stock issued by SCIE.
- In January 2021, he repeatedly wrote on Twitter using his Alex DeLarge account that he planned to hold and had not sold any of his SCIE shares despite selling millions of SCIE shares at prices students.
- On October 26, 2021, he was arrested in Ohio and charged in federal court in New York, United States, with one count of wire fraud and market manipulation and two counts of securities fraud. A judge set his bail at $1 million. He was released after paying $50,000.
- On February 25, 2022, he pleaded guilty before the U.S. District Judge Valerie E. Caproni to one count of securities fraud. The same judge will sentence him on June 27, 2022.
- He was 51 when he pleaded guilty to a securities fraud charge on February 25, 2022.