Top 10 brokerage firms in Nigeria trade stocks worth over N1 trillion in 2021
The top performing brokerage firms in Nigerian publicly traded stocks valued at N1.01 trillion in 2021, a list led by Stanbic IBTC, Cardinalstone and Rencap stocks. The Nigerian stock market recorded a gain of 6.07% during the year under review.
It is according to the broker performance report, published by the Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX). The value of stocks (N 1.01 trillion) traded by top performers in 2021, is a decrease of 13.73% from the N 1.17 trillion recorded the previous year.
Likewise, the volume of shares traded during the reporting period was 76.27 billion share units, which is 19.32% below the 94.53 billion units traded in 2020.
Meanwhile, the NGX All-Share Index opened the year 2021 at 40,270.7 and closed with 42,716.4 points at the close of markets on December 31, 2021, representing a gain of 6, 07% since the beginning of the year.
According to the report, Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers topped the list of traded stocks at 211.93 billion naira, while Cardinalstone Securities topped the elite list in terms of volume with 15.23 billion for the year.
Top Securities Brokers
The top 10 performing brokerage firms in 2021 traded a total of N1.01 trillion of shares, representing 52.92% of the total value of shares traded during the year.
- Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers Limited led the list, having traded shares worth 211.93 billion naira. This represents 11.11% of the total value of shares traded on the stock exchange in 2021.
- Cardinalstone Securities Limited with a total value of 143.6 billion naira of shares traded in 2021, ranks second, accounting for 7.53% of the total shares traded on the stock exchange.
- Rencap Securities Limited shares traded worth 107.02 billion naira and represented 5.61% of the total value of shares traded in 2021.
- EFG Hermes Limited accounted for 5.51% of the value of registered shares during the period with 105.14 billion naira of shares traded.
- Meristem Stockbrokers Limited traded shares worth 89.46 billion naira in 2021, representing 4.69% of the total value of shares traded during the year.
- Others on the list include Investment One Stockbrokers with N 84.14 billion (4.41%), APT Securities and Fund with N 73.32 billion (3.84%), FBN Quest Securities with N 71.55 billion (3 , 75%), Apel Asset Limited traded in shares valued at 68.95 billion naira (3.51%), while Cordros Securities Limited topped the list with share transactions valued at 54.51 billion naira naira, which accounted for 2.86% of the total value recorded during the year.
The best volume brokers
The best performing securities brokers by volume traded 76.27 billion share units in 2021, representing 43.77% of the total shares traded on the stock exchange during the reporting period.
- Cardinalstone Securities topped the list with 15.23 billion share units, representing 8.74% of the total volume traded during the period under review.
- The second on the list is Morgan Capital Securities with trades of 12.19 billion share units, representing 6.99% of total shares traded on the exchange in 2021.
- Meristem Stockbrokers Limited followed closely with 10 billion share units traded, representing 5.74% of the total volume recorded.
- Apt Securities Limited traded 8.76 billion share units, to rank fourth and accounted for 5.03% of total volume.
- Stanbic IBTC Brokers accounted for 4.3% of the total volume having traded a total of 7.49 billion share units to place in fifth position.
- Others on the list include FBN Quest (5.53 billion), Apel Asset (4.88 billion), Atlass Portfolios Limited (4.56 billion), GTI Securities (3.89 billion) and EFG Hermes (3.72 billion ).