Top 10 brokerage firms in May 2021 trade stocks valued at Naira 51.3 billion – Nairametrics
The Nigerian stock market closed May 2021 on a bearish note as the All-Share index fell 3.52% from 39,840.28 points recorded on April 30, 2021 to close at 38,437.88 points end of May 2021.
Investors also lost around 812.53 billion naira in May 2021, as the capitalization of shares fell from 20.85 trillion naira to around 20.04 trillion naira by the end of the month. A drop attributed to the massive sell-offs seen on the stock market, as investors divert their funds from equities to less volatile instruments.
READ: Top 10 brokerage firms trade shares worth N112.84 billion in January 2021
Meanwhile, the top-performing brokerage firms of the Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX) traded around 4.23 billion share units worth 51.26 billion naira, which was respectively 46.52 billion. % and 52.38% of total volume and value, for the month. of May 2021.
This is contained in the broker’s performance report, published by the Nigerian Exchange Group for the month of May 2021.
According to the report, Morgan Capital Securities Limited topped the list of brokerage firms in terms of share volume, just like the previous month, while Cardinal Stone Securities led by value of shares traded during the period under review.
READ: These are Nigeria’s best stock brokers – February 2021
Stockbrokers in value
The top 10 brokerage firms traded stocks valued at N51.26 billion, representing 52.38% of the total amount of shares traded during the month. This represents a decrease of 54.15% from the 111.79 billion naira recorded the previous month.
- Cardinal Stone Securities Limited led the list with deals valued at 8.39 billion naira in May 2021, representing 8.57% of the total value of shares traded during the month.
- Meristem Stockbrokers Limited Traded shares valued at 6.84 billion naira, which represented 7% of the total value of traded shares registered in May 2021.
- Rencap Securities (Nigeria) Limited shares traded valued at 6.63 billion naira, representing 6.78% of the total value traded during the period under review.
- Securities & Funds Apt also traded shares worth 6.31 billion naira, taking the fourth position on the list as they accounted for 6.45% of transactions recorded in monetary terms.
- Stanbic IBTC Limited Securities Brokers traded N5.95 billion in shares, which represented 6.08% of total value for the period.
- Others include FBN Quest Securities Limited (N 3.83 billion), CSL Stockbrokers (N 3.70 billion), EFG Hermes Nigeria Limited (N 3.61 billion), Chapel Hill Denham (N 3.03 billion). N) and Morgan Capital Securities (N2. 96 billion).
The top ten brokerage firms by volume for the period under review traded 4.23 billion share units, representing 46.52% of total shares traded. The shares traded represent a decrease of 13.5% from the 4.23 billion share units recorded the previous month.
- Morgan Capital Securities Limited tops the list of brokerage firms in terms of shares as it recorded transactions of 1.03 billion share units, representing 11.37% of the total volume traded in May 2021.
- Meristem Stockbrokers Limited followed, having traded 726.61 million shares, representing 8% of the total volume of shares traded during the month.
- Pierre Cardinale Limited traded 718.22 million shares, or 7.9% of the total volume of shares traded during the month under review.
- CSL Securities Brokers Limited occupies fourth place on the list with transactions of 356.87 million shares in May 2021, representing 3.93% of the total volume recorded.
- APT securities and funds traded a total of 286.1 million share units representing 3.15% of the total volume recorded during the period under review.
- Others on the list include Chapel Hill Denham (271.59 million), Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers (262.8 million), Apel Asset Limited (193.1 million), EFG Hermes (Nig) Limited (191.73 million) and Rencap Securities Nig Limited (188.84 million).
What you should know
- The NSE ASI index fell 3.52% in May 2021, bringing the year-to-date performance down 4.6%.
- The NSE oil and gas index rose about 14.9% in May 2021, while the industrial goods index fell 4.54%.
- It should be noted that Stanbic IBTC’s stock brokers top the list of brokerage firms by the value of shares traded in terms of annual performance valued at 98.26 billion naira while Cardinal Stone Securities tops the list of brokerage firms. the list in terms of volume of shares traded with 6.68 billion. share units.